Our sustainability responsibility
Vasa Vind is a power producer and grid owner based in Sweden that enables renewable energy production. Through its core business, Vasa Vind contributes to a sustainable economy with lower greenhouse gas emissions. The sustainability perspective is considered throughout the business, with the aim of creating the greatest possible benefit for society at large and for the company’s stakeholders.
In every development and permitting process, we work to minimize the environmental impact of the wind farm. The area is inventoried and the design of the wind farm is adjusted so that the environmental impact can be reduced both before and during construction and operation.
We develop projects with strong local roots and aim to build long-term relationships with local businesses, municipalities and other stakeholders. For example, during the construction of the Munkflohögen, Åskälen and Raftsjöhöjden wind farms, Vasa Vind has been very involved locally, through local contractors and presence in the community.
Environmental and sustainability policy
The sustainability perspective is taken into account throughout Vasa Vind’s operations with the aim of creating the greatest possible benefit for society and for the company’s stakeholders. This means e.g. that in our planned and existing facilities we strive for a high level of electricity production in order to efficiently use the land that is used and with consideration for the environment that is affected.
When procuring and constructing new facilities, the choice of materials and methods is made with regard to environmental and social aspects. The choices are made in such a way that negative impact is minimized as far as possible from a life cycle perspective. This affects, among other things, the choice of transports and suppliers.
For business travel, no or low emission journeys are selected if possible. In cases where this is not possible, it is desirable to keep greenhouse gas emissions as low as possible by, for example, choosing direct flights and maximising the benefits of the trip.
By identifying and managing environmental and sustainability-related opportunities and risks and setting environmental and sustainability goals, Vasa Vind strives to continuously improve our environmental and sustainability work. The basis for sustainability work is the following commitments:
Commitments to environmental sustainability
- We take biodiversity and nature values into account in our project areas
- We prevent pollution within our facilities
- We consider environmental impact from a life cycle perspective in our procurement
- We comply with applicable environmental laws and requirements
Commitments to social sustainability
- We promote local development in connection with our projects and facilities
- We are an attractive, inclusive and responsible employer
- We treat our stakeholders responsibly and with respect
- We consider social aspects when purchasing goods and services
Commitments to financial sustainability
- We promote new technologies and partnerships to develop a sustainable energy system
- We strive for the greatest possible electricity production from our plants
- We treat our business partners with respect in order to build long-term business relationships that provide mutual benefit
- We have robust systems and processes in place to manage our business operations
Vasa Vind has actively participated in the GRESB Infrastructure Assessment since 2016. GRESB is the leading global reporting framework for ESG assessment. The abbreviation ESG stands for Environmental, Social and Governance.
includes criteria relating to environmental responsibility, social responsibility, human rights and the environment
rights and corporate governance. In 2022, Vasa Vind achieved five out of five possible stars in the evaluation.
In addition to this, we also support and work with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and apply them in our operations. Goal 7 ‘Affordable and clean energy’ includes a commitment to substantially increase the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix by 2030, which is the basis for our activities.